Spring is around the corner, and there's no better time of year to tune up your career. Read on for how you can supercharge your:
▪ Cover letter
▪ Career plan
▪ Interview skills
▪ Networking abilities
▪ Negotiation prowess
Let's fulfill your career dreams in 2016!
Lewis C. Lin
P.S. And for those in the US, don't forget to change your clocks! Daylight savings is this Sunday, March 13 at 2 am.
Don't know what to do with your career?
Then build a career plan.
▪ Fill out this career plan template
Having problems getting interviews?
Then upgrade your resume and cover letter.
▪ Get inspired with this resume sample from the Kellogg School of Management
▪ Migrate your existing resume to this new resume template
▪ Use this resume bullet format
▪ Get inspired by these action verbs
▪ Ignore the debate on whether hiring managers read cover letters. Use thiscover letter template. It'll make an impression and take you just five minutes.
Trouble getting internal employees to refer you?
Then build you network. The most effective way to network your way to a job is an informational interview.
▪ Read this Harvard Business Review article on informational interviews
▪ Build out your targets, using this networking template based on Steve Dalton's 2-Hour Job Search
▪ Save time and get responses by using this 5 Point Informational Interview Template, also from Dalton
No trouble getting interviews, but no offers?
Brush up your interviewing skills. Interviewers love stories. Storytelling works for Pixar, and it'll work at your interview.
▪ Brainstorm at least 20 anticipated interview questions.
▪ Put together your interview stories, using the interview stories template.
Collecting offers, but not getting what you're worth?
▪ Negotiation can be super easy. Just use these 31+ killer salary negotiation scripts.
Photo credit: Skittlemermaid.tumblr.com